Search has become an important and necessary component of many diverse ICT applications. A large number of business and application areas depend on the efficiency and availability of search techniques that are capable to process and retrieve heterogeneous and dispersed data. Search techniques are directly related to a number of research topics and challenges ranging from multimodal analysis and indexing to affective computing and human aspects as well as to various socio-economic challenges including standardization, legal and social issues.
The program includes invited talks from experts coming from industry, academia and policy organizations covering various topics of Search Computing such as
- Social Media and Mobile Search
- Search in Large-Scale Multimedia Data
- Enterprise Search
- Media Search
- Search and Technology Transfer
The workshop will include keynote speeches from
- Stefano Ceri, professor at the Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione (DEI), Politecnico di Milano and
- Masataka Goto, Leader of Media Interaction Group, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
The event also features a panel discussion, presentation of CHORUS+ Coordinated Action results, demos and posters from various research projects.
It will also be a unique opportunity for networking towards the upcoming FP7 ICT Call 10.
For the complete program please visit: /Search_Computing_event/Program
Registration is now open at: http://www.avmediasearch.eu/Search_Computing_Event/Registration
Looking forward to seeing you in the event!