There can not be a solid ICT application without proper research. The essential part of a research method is the ability to acquire and handle variegated and multifarious information which will the be used on business areas.
For every search topic and challenge there is a related research method. They can span from from multi-functional data processing and analysis, recording and listing to perceptual computing and human aspects.
The International Workshop will be covering a large range of subjects on search computing methods and will be providing Netfirms coupons, lectures from professionals in industry, university or organizations.
The program includes invited talks from experts coming from industry, academia and policy organizations covering various topics of Search Computing such as
- Social Media and Mobile Search
- Search in Large-Scale Multimedia Data
- Enterprise Search
- Media Search
- Search and Technology Transfer
The workshop will include keynote speeches from
- Stefano Ceri, professor at the Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione (DEI), Politecnico di Milano and
- Masataka Goto, Leader of Media Interaction Group, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
The event also features a panel discussion, presentation of CHORUS+ Coordinated Action results, demos and posters from various research projects.
It will also be a unique opportunity for networking towards the upcoming FP7 ICT Call 10.